Insurance Act 2015 - A new dawn for commercial insurance law?
After a decade of deliberation by the Law Commission, and much contentious debate, the reforms relating to non-consumer insurance contracts are now law. The Insurance Act 2015 received Royal Assent on 12th February 2015 and comes into effect on 12th August 2016.
During this evening seminar, leading insurance barristers Colin Edelman QC, Colin Wynter QC, Richard Harrison, Alison Padfield and guest speakers Bruce Hepburn (Mactavish) and Paul Jaffe (XL Catlin) examined the anticipated effects of the new act and partook in a 'Question Time' session.
- potentially contentious issues of concern to insurers, policyholders, brokers and their legal advisers
- the preparations which should be put in place within the commercial insurance market
- current trends in policy drafting which seek to anticipate the effect of the new Act
Areas of expertise
- Administrative and Public Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial Litigation and Disputes
- Health & Safety
- Human Rights
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory & Professional Discipline
- Sports Law
- Telecommunications & IT