Liability insurance conference ~ Walking shadows in the night
This year's 22nd liability insurance conference is organised with the support of the Liability Underwriters Group and chaired by Deborah Hall, a well-known media personality and news anchor.
Recommended insurance silk, Colin Edelman QC joined other esteemed experts from the legal and insurance world to discuss a wide number of issues including the state of the market, policy coverage issues, emerging risks and legal developments.
On the morning of 9th September, Colin discussed ‘A Review of Recent Product Liability Law’.
Other topics covered were:
- An overview of issues facing the market
- Legal review of the year
- Binding authorities: an insurer’s perspective
- Catastrophic injury claims: confronting the shadows
- Analysing and tracking product liability exposures
- Vicarious liability: a critique of recent developments
- A review of employers’ liability
- Cyber coverage under liability policies
- Liability wordings: past, present and future
- Mock trial: a bad day at the office
During the session, there were plenty of discussion opportunities either through participation in the master classes or at the symposium on 8th September.
The 3-day event organised by Insurance Market Conferences was held at Robinson College, Cambridge from Monday 7 to Wednesday 9 September 2015.Back to Events
Areas of expertise
- Administrative and Public Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial Disputes
- Health & Safety
- Human Rights
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory & Professional Discipline
- Sports Law
- Telecommunications & IT