Tax planning for non-domiciliaries
This one day event focused on understanding the new government regime for non-doms and how to gain practical guidance on the opportunities for tax efficient planning for non-UK domiciles.
Topics on the agenda are tax of residential property, business investment relief and deemed domiciles. In the afternoon, tax barrister Aparna Nathan joined a panel of other tax experts to discuss the topic “Known unknowns: what to look out for".
Known unknowns in the new legislation:
- De-enveloping reliefs: act now or wait?
- Trusts: how excluded will they be?
- What does 15/20 really mean?
- 7 year look back rules: how will the transition work?
- Capital losses: can they avoid making the rules even more complex than they already are?
- Will there be any anti-forestalling legislation?
- Will there be any form of pragmatic amnesty for mixed accounts and trusts?
- Will there be any form of re-basing?
The event was organised by IBC Conferences and took place at the Kensington Close Hotel, London on 17 November 2015.Back to Events
Areas of expertise
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial Disputes
- Health & Safety
- Human Rights
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory & Professional Discipline
- Sports Law
- Telecommunications & IT