TU Bill: plus certification officer power changes
Employment experts Bruce Carr QC and Andrew Burns QC form the panel in this webinar as part of the Employment Law series organised by LexisNexis. The webinar dealt with topics related to the Trade Union Bill and was aired live on 10 June 2016 at 15.30 h and is now available on demand through Lexis Webinars.
In this session, Bruce and Andrew examines the provisions of the bill and changes to the powers of the certification officer and discussed:
- Trade Union Act 2016 – Democratic development or anti-trade union law?
- Existing legal framework – Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992
- The new provisions of the Trade Union Act
- Changes to the balloting requirement
- Electronic voting?
- New information to be included on ballot paper
- Notification of action and expiry of mandate
- Certification officer
- Disclosure provisions
Areas of expertise
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial Disputes
- Health & Safety
- Human Rights
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory & Professional Discipline
- Sports Law
- Telecommunications & IT