Anti-money laundering and financial crime conference 2015 ~ Keeping pace with change
Major changes in financial crime and anti-money laundering (AML) compliance lie ahead in the coming years. The 4th EU Money Laundering Directive has now been finalised and the update of the UK money laundering regulations is imminent.
This one day event organised by the Law Society provided solicitors with an insight on how to prepare for and deal with new domestic rules on beneficial ownership information and new organised crime offences aimed at professionals which have now come into force.
In the afternoon, financial crime and AML expert Jonathan Fisher QC spoke on "Recent AML cases and law for legal professionals."
Other topics were:
- 4th Money Laundering Directive
- Policy related update
- Forums: practical issues - cyber crime, politically exposed persons, source of funds
- SARs regime review 2015 – “where to next for the UK reporting regime”
- Forums: practical issues - global bribery and corruption issues, completing a National Crime Agency consent request, fraud
This event took place at 113 Chancery Lane, London on 18th November 2015.Back to Events
Areas of expertise
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial Disputes
- Health & Safety
- Human Rights
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory & Professional Discipline
- Sports Law
- Telecommunications & IT