With some of the most experienced tax advisors and litigators at the Bar, we are perfectly placed to deal with all areas of tax impacting both corporate and private clients. We act for the tax payer as well as for the government with five members of the group on the Attorney General's panel of junior counsel. We are ranked as a leading tax set by Chambers UK and Legal 500 with 3 silks and 5 juniors recommended as leading barristers in this field.
All our barristers have an excellent reputation for combining in-depth analytical expertise, an ability to deal with highly complex issues and their skill to offer clear and practical advice to professional as well as lay clients. In particular, we are recognised for our first-class advice and litigation concerning all tax issues relating to:
- Companies, partnerships and other unincorporated businesses
- Residence and Domicile (individual and corporates)
- Trusts and foundations
- Pension funds
- Real estate
- Employment and service provisions (including “IR35” issues)
- Structured tax planning
- Statutory investigation powers and assessment procedures (civil or criminal)
- VAT, Customs Duties and other indirect taxes
- Stamp Duty and Stamp Duty Land Tax
Our members are widely acknowledged as having a real feel for the effective preparation and presentation of factually and legally complex and sensitive cases.
Given our expertise in Devereux’s other core areas of law such as employment, proceeds of crime, fraud and professional negligence, our barristers are ideally placed to advise on the cross-over of tax with any of these areas.