With some of the most experienced tax advisors and litigators at the Bar, our tax team is perfectly placed to deal with all areas of tax impacting both corporate and private clients. Our members act for the tax payer as well as for the government, with five members on the Attorney General's panel of junior counsel.
Devereux is ranked as a leading tax set by Chambers UK and Legal 500 with 4 silks and 4 juniors recommended as leading barristers in this field.
In particular, Devereux is recognised for first-class advice and litigation concerning all tax issues relating to:
- Companies, partnerships and other unincorporated businesses
- Residence and Domicile (individual and corporates)
- Trusts and foundations
- Pension funds
- Real estate
- Employment and service provisions (including “IR35” issues)
- Structured tax planning
- Statutory investigation powers and assessment procedures (civil or criminal)
- VAT, Customs Duties and other indirect taxes
- Stamp Duty and Stamp Duty Land Tax
All our barristers have an excellent reputation for combining in-depth analytical expertise, an ability to deal with highly complex issues and their skill to offer clear and practical advice to professional as well as lay clients.Our members are widely acknowledged as having a real feel for the effective preparation and presentation of factually and legally complex and sensitive cases.
Given our expertise in Devereux’s other core areas of law such as employment, proceeds of crime, fraud and professional negligence, our barristers are ideally placed to advise on the cross-over of tax with any of these areas.